Git Crash Course
Notes taken by Jude Gao from this video.
- Git is a distributed version control system.
- Check your Git version; at the same time check that Git is properly installed
- Initialize a Git repo from existing project; and, stop using Git
- List the files that have been tracked
.gitignore file to tell Git not to track the files or folders in it
- Place all the untracked files into the Staging Area:
- Remove files from Staging Area
- Copy an online repo to the local machine
- Query remotes and branches
- After you make changes to your project, you can check the difference and status, add files to the Staging Area, and make a commit
- Push the changes the the remote repo
- Create a branch for desired feature
- Merge a branch with the master
- Delete branch after it's merged